Rose Levy Beranbaum Author Appearance, Booksigning & Demo | Rose’s Baking Basics
- 37b north front street, kingston, ny 12401
THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Join us for an exclusive author appearance, cookbook signing and Linzer Tart cookie demonstration with the amazing Rose Levy Beranbaum on Saturday, December 8th in conjunction with the release of her new book ROSE’S BAKING BASICS: 100 Essential Recipes, with More Than 600 Step-by-Step Photos.
3:00pm to 6:00pm Author Appearance & Booksigning
3:15pm Linzer Tart Baking Demo with the Ankarsrum Kitchen Assistent
Rose Levy Beranbaum has established herself over decades as a master baker. Her comprehensive and detailed cookbooks have earned her numerous awards and endeared her to home bakers who revere her dedication to producing delicious, fail- proof recipes every time. Now, Rose is back with ROSE’S BAKING BASICS, her most essential and accessible baking guide yet.
With more than 600 mouthwatering and instructive photos that detail step-by-step instructions for nearly every recipe, these baking classics are approachable for bakers at every level. Rose says in her introduction, “It is my goal to teach and share with all of you tried-and-true favorites, now brought to life with instructional photos, as well as new delicious discoveries and exciting new techniques that make baking more fun than ever before.”
Everyone will be able to easily whip up perfect brownies, banana bread, holiday pies, birthday cakes, homemade bread, and delicious fillings with these 100 essential recipes. With recipes such as Chocolate Sheet Cake with Ganache Frosting, Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints, Beer Bread, Apple Walnut Muffins, Peach Cobbler, and a decadent Milk Chocolate Caramel Tart, Rose has all of your baking bases covered.
- Expert advice: sections titled Baking Pearls offer explanations for why certain ingredients are used over others. Rose also proposes ‘Solutions for Possible Problems’ in each chapter to help home bakers troubleshoot, from cookies that brown too much on the bottom to breads that collapse during baking.
- In sections labeled ‘Make This Recipe Your Own’, Rose presents tips for ingredient substitutions to allow bakers at home to customize their creations. Additional variations offer even more delicious options.
- Prep work, known as Mise en Place—such as preheating the oven, separating eggs, or even just remembering to take the butter out to soften—is given as bullets at the top of every recipe to help readers stay organized and bake efficiently.
- Ingenious baking hacks: Rose shares her unique tricks and ideas for even simple recipes, such as adding a little corn syrup to chocolate chip cookies to make them extra soft and chewy, or baking pound cake in a graham cracker crust for a fun twist on a classic.Novices and longtime fans alike will discover Rose’s unique tips and methods for unlocking the secrets to foolproof and delicious results in this treasury of essential recipes.
ABOUT ROSE LEVY BERANBAUM
The award-winning author of eleven cookbooks, including The Cake Bible, which was inducted into the International Association of Culinary Professionals Culinary Classics Awards, and The Baking Bible, IACP Best Baking Book for 2015. She also won a James Beard Foundation Award in 1998 for Rose’s Christmas Cookies, and her 2003 book, The Bread Bible, was an IACP and James Beard Foundation nominee and was listed as one of the Top Ten Books of the year by Publishers Weekly and Food & Wine. Her popular blog, realbakingwithrose.com, has created an international community of bakers